- Settlement Class Members can submit their claim online at designated settlement website
- The total amount of the settlement fund is $10 million pending court approval
A settlement agreement has recently been reached in the class action lawsuit Duchene V. Westlake Financial Services, LLC TCPA settlement. The lawsuit alleges that Westlake Financial Services used an automatic telephone dialing system to make calls to cell phones without the consent of the person that was called. The Westlake Settlement Class includes all individuals to whom the company made automatic phone calls to between the dates of January 11th, 2012 and November 7th, 2013.
Some Important Information About the Westlake Settlement for Plaintiffs Wishing to Submit a Claim
- The total settlement fund (pending approval from the court) is a whopping $10,000
- Settlement Class Members wishing to receive their pro-rata cut of the settlement will need to submit claim forms by June 21st, 2016
- The amount of moolah each plaintiff will receive is capped at $150 and depends on the total number of claims made
- Individuals that want no part of the Westlake Settlement can retain their rights to sue by excluding themselves from the lawsuit
- Settlement Class Members that do not wish to submit a claim or exclude themselves can object to the terms of the agreement at the Fairness Hearing to be held on July 12th, 2016
Westlake Settlement Class Members that are still confused about how the whole thing works can get interactive help by calling the Settlement Helpline at 888-206-3037. Those wishing to get help without having to chat on the phone can shoot an email over to [email protected]
Does Westlake Financial have a grace period?
At least one full payment must be posted to your account. A due date change must bring the account current or no more than 5 days delinquent to allow for processing time. The new payment due date cannot be more than 15 days forward from the original due date.
How does Westlake Financial Work?
Through our 30,000+ dealer network, Westlake Financial Services will work with you to find the vehicle you want at a fair rate regardless of your past credit history. Get access to a variety of equity loans that can help you get cash in your hands quickly. Use the equity in your car and get cash now!
How do I pay my Westlake Financial Account?
You can pay online by accessing the WESTLAKE: MY ACCOUNT section. You may call Customer Service and pay with a Visa debit card or Mastercard debit card; or make a direct check phone payment by calling (888) 739-9192. (Credit cards are not accepted, only debit cards.)
Does Westlake Financial have gap insurance?
A one-time premium covers the duration of the finance contract. At an affordable price point, Dealers who sell the KMIS GAP product on Westlake deals will receive at least 25% back. *Restrictions on GAP availability may vary by state.