Tire Protection Class Action
- Claims can be filed online or through the mail
- Comprehensive notice is available for review
- Administrator contact information is provided
Big O Tires has recently come to settlement terms in hopes to put an end to the class action lawsuit titled Fratilla v. Big O Tires, LLC. The suit was filed over allegations that the Defendant (Big O) violated several laws when selling protection packages for its tires. It is important to point out that Big O Tires denies the allegations made by the Plaintiff Class, and taking it one step further, believes the class should be decertified. Which party the court would have sided will likely never be known at this point as both have agreed to the settlement in order to avoid the risks an uncertainties of proceeding deeper into litigation. Those who believe they are eligible to receive payment from the settlement can get started by going to the Tire Protection Class Action page and clicking the File Claim link (please note that the online filing period does not open until April 20th, 2018).
More Information on the Settlement
- The deadline by which all claims must be filed (online or by mail) in July 19th, 2018
- July 19th, 2018 is also the deadline for exclusion requests and objections to be filed
- Purchases must have been made on or after January 2nd, 2009 in order to be eligible
- Those who take no action will get nothing and lose the right to sue (double ouch!!)
- The Settlement Class is divided into 2 different Subclasses: Subclass A and Subclass B
Class Members who wish to show off their orating skills live at the Final Approval Hearing must request to do so no later than August 17th, 2018 (the hearing is currently scheduled for August 24th, 2018 so plenty of time to practice the performance!). Those who want to review all of the available information about the lawsuit can do so by pulling up the comprehensive notice found under the Case Documents section of the Tire Protection Class Action page. Requests to be excluded from the settlement should be post-marked no later than the July 19th, 2018 deadline and sent directly to the Settlement Administrator. The Settlement Administrator is also the place to contact with any unanswered questions about the settlement.
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 404041, Louisville, KY 40233-4041
- [email protected]