Key Welcome First Niagara
- One-time account authentication can be performed online
- First Niagara login credentials will be needed
As many who have been through it before know, an account transition isn’t always easy. However, it appears KeyBank is trying to make it as easy as possible for First Niagara customers to become part of the family. The only thing First Niagara customers will need to do to complete the transition is perform a one-time account authentication process which can be done at the Key Welcome First Niagara page. To begin the account authentication, customers will need to enter their First Niagara User ID and password along with their Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number . Once the simple authentication process has been competed First Niagara customers will have access to the financial tools and resources available from Key Online Banking.
Getting to Know KeyBank
- KeyBank has made the Points of Light “Civic 50” list three times in a row for being one of the country’s most community minded companies
- Key is one of the nation’s largest bank-based financial services companies with over 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs across 15 states
- The company started out of Albany, New York in 1825 and has since grown to employ over 20,000 Full Time Equivalent employees
- KeyBank and First Niagara combined to become one company as of August 1st, 2016 (completion of the merger due in mid-October 2016)
- The company has received 8 consecutive “Outstanding” ratings for lending under the community reinvestment act
First Niagara customers who have forgotten their User ID’s can enter their account passwords and Social Security Numbers to begin the retrieval process (link provided at the Key First Niagara page). Those who have forgotten their passwords will have no choice but to buckle down re-enroll by setting up a new User ID and password.
KeyBank Contact Information
- 1-800-KEY2YOU (800-539-2968)
- 127 Public Square, Cleveland, Ohio 44114
- [email protected]